Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission-critical computing and IT management needs.
SUSE Academic Program
As a leading Open Source company, SUSE supports schools, higher learning institutions and the academic community by providing free access to its experience and knowledge gained over the years. SUSE’s Academic program provides access to training, knowledge, and SUSE open source tools for schools, colleges, universities, academic hospitals, non-profit museums, libraries and more.
Register for the SUSE Academic Program
Participating members enjoy a number of benefits:
- Training—Materials for certified Linux and other courses, both for trainers and students.
- Curriculum—Campus-use of these materials for student education by faculty staff.
- Use SUSE for education—Use SUSE products for free for educational or lab purposes.
- Use SUSE for administrative or production workloads—Make use of a highly beneficial buying program to buy SUSE products at the right level of support, including special products and terms and conditions only available and priced for educational institutes.
- Development Resources—Access to tools and products for using in lab, software development or other education settings.
- Support—Access to knowledge base, forums and technical support.
Buying Program for Education
The SUSE Education Buying Program awards special pricing and benefits to educational customers. Information about qualifying for educational licensing can be found by clicking here. For more information about SUSE's academic buying programs, reach out to your SUSE representative or to the SUSE Academic Program Manager in your region:
Academic.Americas@suse.com: North, Mid, Latin America, Caribbean
Academic.EMEA@suse.com: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Academic.APJ@suse.com: Asia, Pacific, Japan, Australia